Occupational Health and Safety
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY TIPS for Face Painters
- Wear comfortable shoes;
- Set up your work station at a comfortable height. Place your paints to your right side if you are right handed, and to your left if you are left handed. This minimises the need to twist and turn;
- Some face painters prefer to sit, while others prefer to stand. Whatever your preference, make sure your client is positioned at a comfortable height relative to your own. If you choose to stand, a high chair may help to keep your back straight. Avoid hunching and bending;
- Ensure the work space is free from clutter and trip hazards. Store items out of reach of inquisitive children. Ask clients, siblings, and parents to observe a space in which only you are permitted;
- Always work under shelter, with good shade. Don’t forget to apply a broad spectrum sunscreen if working outdoors;
- Prevent dehydration by consuming plenty of drinking water;
- Take adequate rest breaks;
- Avoid lifting heavy objects on your own. Ask for help if you need it.
Disclaimer: Please note the information provided herein is general in nature and does not constitute medical advice. In all cases, independent professional medical advice should be should be obtained for individual circumstances. Please also consult directly with your state, territory or local council for the latest information pertaining to your region.